Margaritas, Slides, Smoothies And More!
As you move further into the Margaritaville line of frozen concoction makers the second tier machine you’ll come to is the DM1000 or as is more commonly called the Key West model. This machine also definitely more of a party animal since its ice capacity has been doubled over the entry-level DM0500. One thing for sure is this machine is much more than just a glorified blender in disguise.
When you first break open the box and see your new Margaritaville DM1000 Frozen Concoction Maker you’ll be struck by its sturdiness and how much it has a power tool feel to it. The automatic nature of this frozen concoction maker will also have you standing in awe as you press the start button and it goes on its merry way without any help from you. All you have to do is put the ingredients in the blender jar and push start. Series
Previously in the review I mentioned that the DM1000 was Margaritaville’s second-tier machine. You may be asking yourself what have they added above and beyond the entry-level machine, the DM0500? Let’s jump down into the nitty-gritty of this machine and as we go along we will point out the differences.
Click On Your Favorite Machine!
Margaritaville Key West Details:
- The ice reservoir that has been integrated into the top of the unit now holds enough ice for two full pitchers of whatever frozen concoction you want to make. This is double the size of the DM0500. The models with an extra large reservoir hold enough ice for 3 full pitchers.
- When in automatic mode the machine will precisely shave the correct amount of ice into the blending jar and then blend the drink for just the right amount of time.
- The lime green color of the Key West machine imparts a very tropical flavor which is sure to accent wherever it is working. Accent trim work has also been added to further increase its attractiveness.
- A drink selector switch with quantities of 1, 2 or 3 drinks has been added to the control panel of the machine. This will control the amount of ice shaved into the blending jar .Another new addition that the DM0500 doesn’t have.
- An ice melt cup has been integrated into the back of the machine which will channel all ice melt away from your drinks.
- The 36 ounce blending jar is capable of holding all of your favorite blended concoctions.
- A row of shark fin accent lights have been added to the front of the control panel which light up to indicate where you are in the drink making cycle. This is also a feature that the Bahamas unit doesn’t have.
- A shave and blend toggle switch is installed on the front of the control panel that allows you to manually control both processes if desired.
- Cleanup is not a problem because this machine easily disassembles to make cleanup a snap.
Yes the Margaritaville DM1000 Frozen Concoction Maker is a fine little frozen margarita maker, but there is no need to stop with margaritas. Daiquiris, coladas, slides and smoothies are also very much within your grasp when using this machine. As a matter fact you will only be limited by your imagination as to what great frosty frozen concoctions you can come up with and they will all be restaurant quality, since you will be shaving the ice before blending instead of just chopping it up as usual.
Now I know what you’re thinking, this is all well and good and the Key West does have some great features, but what do average users like myself think of it after they’ve had a chance to use it? Below is a review from a happy buyer of the Margaritaville DM1000, we could not have said it better ourselves.
“I bought the Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker as a birthday gift for a very good friend. As soon as he opened the box, we put it together and started to make Margaritas right away. We were using it ALL DAY LONG!!! It’s very well built, strong and very powerful! Keep Reading…
That’s not all though a staggering 89% of all those leaving reviews gave the DM1000 at least a 4 stars or higher rating. A favor-ability rating of 89% is truly an unbelievable thing and speaks volumes about the quality of this machine. Does the machine have any drawbacks? Of the few concerns registered about the Key West one that does come up periodically is that the machine does not fit underneath the cabinets in your kitchen. With a little planning though this should not be a problem.
If you think the Margaritaville Key west machine is for you the check out further by simply clicking on any image. A new page will open to provide you with more information, more customer reviews and the opportunity to own one of these great frozen concoction makers.