Well it’s that time of year again when anything and everything that has the do with peppermint is front and center. Not being one that wants to go against the grain we have put together a mint flavored drink that is more like a milkshake than an adult beverage. Make no mistake though it has 3 ounces of alcohol in it and it’s more than capable of getting you to where you want to be in the sweetest of ways.
The great thing about this drink is that it can also be doctored down, so to speak, for the kids. Just omit the alcohol and add a little more milk to thin it down.
- 2 – 2 ½ scoops of Green Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (Higher the quality the better).
- 2 oz of heavy whipping cream.
- 1 ½ oz of 100 proof Peppermint Schnapps.
- 1 ½ oz of Vodka.
- 2 cups of ice or set your Margaritaville machine to 1 drink.
- Canned whipping cream.
- Red and green sprinkles
- 1 medium candy cane.
- Large diameter straw.
Drink Mixing Instructions:
- Break out your trusty Margaritaville machine and put the mint chocolate chip ice cream, heavy whipping cream, peppermint schnapps and vodka into your machines blending jar. Next set the number drinks selector switch to one and if you’re using a Fiji machine the type of drink to slides. Press the shave/blend switch let the machine do its thing. After the blending process is completed check to make sure that the drink is thick enough and if it isn’t simply manually shave some more ice into the blending jar and blend.
- If you’re using a regular blender start by briefly blending the ingredients, minus the ice, to make sure they are thoroughly mixed. Next add a half of the 2 cups of ice and continue blending. Then check to make sure that the drink is thick enough for you and if it isn’t add more ice and continue blending.
- If you have it, serve the drink in a well chilled beer mug and then top the drink off with some canned whipped cream, red and green sprinkles, large diameter straw and a candy cane.