Very Blue And Very Good.
Ok I decided to extend our use of the Passion Fruit Rum that I used in the Dark Passion HurricaneThe Dark Passion Hurricane. Read more ... ». This time though we are going with one of our rare blue drinks and blue it definitely is. The Frozen Blue Nightmare contains 4 ½ ounces of alcohol (The nightmare part), a sweet taste and a light carbonation to tweak your tongue.
Drink Ingredients. (Makes 1 drink)
- 1 ½ ounces of DeKuper Island Pucker Punch.
- 1 ½ ounces of Blue Curcao.
- 1 ½ ounces of Cruzan Passion Fruit Rum.
- ½ ounce of simple syrup.
- 3 – 4 ounce float of Sprite or 7up.
Drink Mixing Instructions:
- Grab your favorite hurricane glass.
- Next take your Margaritaville frozen drink maker, add the rum, blue curacao, passion fruit rum and simple syrup to the blending jar. Set the number of drinks on the control panel to 1 (1/2 chamber for the Bali machine) and if you have a Fiji, Bali or Tahiti model take an additional step and set the type of drink to ritas.
- Note: For those folks using a regular blender start with 1 cup of ice and if the drink isn’t thick enough for you just add more ice and blend. Oh and make sure you strain out those large ice chunks or they will wind up in the bottom of someone’s glass.
- Next press the shave/blend button and let the machine do its thing.
- Pour the drink into the glass and top of with enough Sprite or 7up to fill the glass.
The Frozen Blue Nightmare definitely has more than enough alcohol in it to become a nightmare if drink it to fast or have too many. So drink wisely.