Surprise Your Guests With This One!
If you’re looking for Margarita recipeThe Dreamcicle Margarita Recipe. Read more ... » that has true uniqueness going for it then the Blue Lychee Margarita is definitely in the ballpark. The combination of the lychees and the blueberry/blackberry simple syrup make for a drink that definitely has its own special flavor. The only problem you may have with this drink is tracking down the lychees, but if you have an Asian market in your area this should pose very little problem.
Drink ingredients: (Makes 2 Drinks)
- 2 ounces of tequila
- 1 ½ ounces of triple sec
- 4 ounces of canned lychees (available at your local Asian market)
- 4 ounces of Blueberry/Blackberry simple syrup
- ½ ounce of Key West Lime Juice
- Sparkling sugar
- Lime wedge
- 2 cups of ice if not using a Margaritaville machine
- Prepare a couple of Margarita glasses by rubbing the rims with lime wedge and dipping them into the sparkling sugar which is been laid out on a plate.
- Place the tequila, triple sec, lychees, simple syrup and lime juice into the machines blending jar.
- Set the number of drinks on one and if you’re using a Fiji or Tahiti machine the type of drink to smoothies.
- Press the shave blend toggle and let the machine do its thing.
- Check to make sure that the consistency of the drink is where you want it and if not manually shave and blend more ice into the pitcher.
- Now pour the drinks industry glasses.
- Serve with some lychees on the side.
Just as a side note the color of this drink is also something special and with its reddish-purple color it’s feast for the eyes as well the pallet.