Cold, Fruity And Strong.
I recently came into possession of a bottle of Passion Fruit Rum and decided to put it to good use by creating a great blended drink. I also decided to also have a little fun with its name as well hence the creation of the Dark Passion Hurricane. I think you’ll find that the passion fruit blends very nicely with the grenadine and other juices.
Drink Ingredients. (Creates a full pitcher)
- 1 ½ ounces of light rum.
- 1 ½ ounces of dark rum.
- 1 ½ ounces of passion fruit rum.
- 2 ounces of grenadine.
- 2 ½ ounces of orange juice.
- 2 ½ ounces of pineapple juice.
- Orange slices.
Drink Mixing Instructions.
- Grab a hurricane glass. A definite must for a Dark Passion Hurricane.
- Next take your Margaritaville frozen drink maker, add the rums, grenadine, orange juice and pineapple juice into the blending jar. Set the number of drinks on the control panel to 3 and if you have a Fiji, Bali or Tahiti model take an additional step and set the type of drink to ritas.
- For those folks using a regular blender start with 2 cups of ice and if the drink isn’t thick enough just add more ice and blend. Oh and make sure you avoid those chunks of ice at the bottom of your glass after you get done blending
- Next press the shave/blend button and let the machine do its thing.
- Pour the drink into the glass and serve with a few orange slices on the side and enjoy.