Coconut Rum and Raspberry Sorbet, Yum!
Here is a fruity daiquiri that is not only delicious but has a wonderful deep red color as well. The secret to that red color is the use of raspberry sorbet ice cream as it’s main ingredient along with some Grand Marnier. Then we throw in some coconut rum as well and you have a drink that will soon become a favorite with both you and your guests. So fire up your Margaritaville machine and whip up a test batch just to make sure it’s as good as I say it is.
(Ingredient quantities are for one drink)
- 3 scoops of raspberry sorbet
- 1 1/2 ounces of coconut rum
- 1 ounce of Grand Marnier
- 1/2 ounce of Trader Vics Key Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoons of baker’s superfine sugar or powdered sugar.
- Sparkling sugar (optional)
- 1 cup of ice
- Whip cream
Daiquiri Mixing Instructions:
- There is no glass to prepare for this drink since this is a daiquiri and we will be using a Collins glass in lieu of a Margarita glass, although if you wanted to you could rim it with sparkling sugar for added effect.
- Combine the raspberry sorbet ice cream, rum, Grand Marnier, lime juice, baker’s sugar and ice into a blender that is worthy of the sorbet and ice challenge and blend to your desired consistency. If you’re using a Margaritaville Margarita Fuji machine simply set it on one drink and smoothie.
- Pour the drink into the Collins glass and top with some whipped cream. Serve and enjoy!