Great After A Hot Day.
There are some wonderful oranges out there right now and for this drink we decided to go with a Mineola tangelo combined with fresh pineapple. These two complement each other nicely in this drink and you’ll probably find that it goes down way too easily as you sit there on a hot summer afternoon sipping on the cold drink and eating the chilled pineapple that has been placed on the side.
Drink Ingredients. (Makes 2 – 3 Drinks)
- 3 ounces of tequila.
- 1 ½ ounces of triple sec.
- 3 Mineola Tangelo Oranges.
- 6 ounces of Pineapple.
- Ice as needed. (If using a normal blender).
- Extra pineapple to serve on the side.
- Margarita salt for the rim.
- We recommend that all the ingredients have been children refrigerator prior to blending. This means that you will have to use less ice to bring the drink to the consistency you’re looking for.
- First of all juice the tangelos. Since tangelos were made for peeling and eating you may notice that it is a bit difficult to juice these oranges, since they have a tendency to fall out the skins once they are cut in half. Just put them back inside the skin, continue juicing and then add it to the blender. Each tangelo will yield about a quarter cup of juice.
- Next add the tequila, triple sec and the fresh pineapple that you have cut into chunks. Cutting the pineapple will be much easier if you have a pineapple corer which is readily available locally.
- If using a normal blender start blending and add the ice slowly until you reach your desired drink consistency. If you’re using a Margaritaville machine simply set the selector to two or three drinks and hit the shave blend toggle. If you have a Fiji or Bali machine take the extra step of setting the drink type to smoothies.
- When blending is completed prepare margarita glass by rubbing the rim with some agave syrup and then pressing it into the margarita salt.
- Fill the glasses and then sit down and relax while you sip the drink and munch on pineapple.